Anniversary of the departure of Imam Khomeini (1902 –1989): Honour and respect to Imam Khomeini!
Imam Khomeini led the Iranian people to overthrow the US-dominated and Israel-attached regime of the shah. He started and directed the Islamic revolution with strong effects in Iran itself and on the whole region – even further.
His dynamic and charismatic character and political approach inspired many leaders and popular uprisings against dictator powers across the world.
Imperialistic powers like the US, France, and Great Britain immediately felt threatened by their imperialistic interests and sent Iraq under the rule of the dictator Saddam Hussein to attack Iran. A report from the General Secretary of the United Nations (9. December 1991 (S/23273) clearly stated that «the aggression of Iraq against Iran» started the war and threatened international security and peace.
US, France, and Great Britain supplied Saddam Hussein with modern weapons. France pilots handled Saddams’s aircraft, Iranian towns and cities were targets. Arabic countries like Saudi Arabia assisted in financing the war.
The US and other imperialistic powers failed in the war! Iran proved strongly founded under the leadership of Imam Khomeini. The Iranian people have proved so even after the military war of aggression! Americans led financial and political attacks and sanctions – another kind of war – has also failed.
Honor and respect to Imam Khomeini! And to the Iranian people, standing firm for independence against imperialistic aggression.
We thank them all.
The US- and Israel-led war against Iran has not ended! American – and Israeli – leaders speak openly of bombing Iran! Even with nuclear weapons.
American bases encircling Iran
Visiting Iran (2018)
Dr. Trond Ali Linstad visiting Iran. (2018)
Imam Khomeini on the State of «Israel» and Palestine
Palestine and the Palestinian people
- «We will always be the supporters of our Palestinian and Arab brothers.»
- «We must rise up and destroy Israel and replace it with the brave nation of Palestine.»
The illegitimate state of «Israel»
- «Israel has been rejected by us and never will we, under any circumstances, officially recognize it.»
- «Israel should be cleared out from the map.»
Jews and the Jewish community
- «We consider the Jewish community to be completely separate from the issue of Zionism and the Zionists; the latter is in no way among the people of religion.»
- What will be the fate of the Jews? «Muslims will do nothing to the Jews, for they are a nation like other nations, they will carry on with their lives and they will not suffer dispossession.»
- «The Zionists are of the opinion that the Jews are superior to all other people.»
- «They think that the land from the Euphrates to the Nile belongs to Israel and should be returned to it.»
Ayatollah Khamenei on the state of «Israel» and Palestine
- Our standpoint is that Palestine belongs to the Palestinians. Continuing its occupation is a great and intolerable injustice and a major threat to global peace and security.
- All solutions suggested and followed up by the Westerners and their affiliates for «resolving the problem of Palestine» have been wrong and unsuccessful, and it will remain so.
- We have put forth a just and entirely democratic solution. All the Palestinians – both the current citizens of Palestine and those who have been forced to immigrate to other countries but have preserved their Palestinian identity, including Muslims, Christians, and Jews – should take part in a carefully supervised and confidence-building referendum and chose the political system of their country,
- All the Palestinians who have suffered from years of exile should return to their country and take part in this referendum and then help draft a constitution and hold elections.
- Peace will then be established.
Palestine and the state of «Israel» – the only solution for peace
- Imam Khomeini and Ayatollah Khamenei, summary:
- «We will never, under any circumstances, officially recognize the state of Israel.» (Imam Khomeini)
- We have put forth a just and entirely democratic solution. All the Palestinians – both the current citizens of Palestine and those who have been forced to immigrate to other countries but have preserved their Palestinian identity, including Muslims, Christians, and Jews – should take part in a carefully supervised and confidence-building referendum and chose the political system of their country.» (Ayatollah Khamenei)
- Atallah Hanna, Greek Orthodox Archbishop of Sebastia (w/Jerusalem):
- “The Palestinians must arrange the internal Palestinian house in order to be strong in the face of challenges.
- The Palestinians and their political leaders must not plunge again into a cycle of futile negotiations that will not lead to any practical result.
- What is required of the Palestinians at this stage is steadfastness, steadfastness, bond, adherence to national rights and constants, and addressing all the people of the world about the justice of the Palestinian cause.»
- Jews against Zionism and the state of Israel (Neturei Karta) and other personalities with Jewish or non-Jewish background
«Only when they return will I feel that this chapter of the catastrophe has finally reached the closure we all covet, enabling all of us to live in peace and harmony in Palestine.» (Ilan Pappe)
Trond Ali Linstad
Oslo, June 2021.