Oslo, 17. April 2021
Support for Palestinian Political Prisoners in Israeli
- Dear reader of this letter in Norway!
Please have a focus on the situation of the Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli jails! They are arrested and detained on illegal grounds by an occupying power: The State of Israel.
- The majority of Palestinian political prisoners are charged with offenses under Israeli military orders.
- Even Palestinians peacefully protesting the confiscation of their lands are subject to arrest and detention.
- The Israeli orders employ a broad definition of “security”, such that they ban, among other things, political expression.
- It is forbidden to conduct a protest march or meeting without permission from the Israeli military commander.”
- The order prohibits the distribution of political articles and pictures with “political» content.
- Holding a Palestinian flag or listening to a national song is considered a “hostile action.”
- Palestinian children are arrested and detained, some as young as 12 and 13.
- Children are routinely held in detention centers under appalling conditions.
Israel uses its power to arrest and detain as a means to control the Palestinian population and punish any political activity aimed at challenging Israel’s occupation, thus violating basic human rights values and norms.
- Dear Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli jails
Great honour and thanks to you – strong, proud, and sincere Palestinians in the struggle for Palestinian rights –
- Struggling for justice
- Struggling Human rights
- Struggling for your land; beloved Palestine
- Struggling for the rights of your family, your children
- Struggling for your history; Palestinian history
- Struggling for Free Palestine.
- Honourable Palestinian prisoners – men, women, and children
- The world should offer you thanks – you fighting for justice and peace!
- Palestine offers thanks to you – willing to offer your lives for your people and the homeland
Honour and great pleasure for me to greet you – strong and proud political Palestinians in Israeli jails. Determination and success upon you!
(Dr. Trond Ali Linstad. Oslo, Norway.)